Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Case of the Crooked Burger Part One

It was a dark and rainy night. I'd just left the office for a late night meal. My pretty redhead secretary winked at me on the way out the door. Luckily she was too caught up in typing things to notice me meet the lovely black-haired beauty outside in the hall.

The two of us travelled across town to our favorite greasy spoon. An inauspicious joint run by a fella named...

... McDonald.

McDonald must have had something up his sleeve. Some kind of dirty past, because his boys were always lookin' over their shoulders. I knew this because of one important clue. The burgers they served were never straight. Cheese lyin' off to one side, meat not on the bun.

After the last time, I just couldn’t stand it no more. I went inside and showed it to Ronald who just shrugged and said, “I can’t help ya, mack.”

After straightening my hat, I just stared back for a moment before telling the strangely dressed man how I felt. “Ya hear me, McDonald? I’m gonna put the feelers out on you. There’s somethin’ fishy about this outfit and I’m gonna find it.”

With that, I turned and left the building.

No comments: